Saturday, March 28, 2020

COVID-19 Update

I hope everyone is safe.

I hope everyone is cautious.

I hope everyone is showing the humane and compassion necessary for all of us to survive through this unprecedented time.

For me, a lot has changed. Instead of going to classes everyday, our lectures and our required learning assignments are all online. It is difficult to truly understand what is going on and really interact with the material but it is also important to understand why social distancing is currently occurring and why it is more important than anything else that is going on in our lives.

My mom has currently been asking me if I truly wanted to keep going with this degree. All the uncertainty can be quite terrifying and seeing the personal sacrifices that each medical professional as well as other professionals have had to give up has been quite daunting.

But during these dark times, it has also shown me the good in humanity. It has shown me how when people come together to protect those that society has deemed as minimal, we can really make change.

It is incredible to see the acts of kindness that strangers have offered other strangers. It has been beautiful to see the astounding decrease in pollution.

I hope that through this turmoil, we learn and grow.